Modongo soup


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Cartagena
June 18th 2008
Published: June 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hmmmm sitting down to enjoy a long awaited lunch after a killer bus ride one can imagine my delight as a large hot ceramic bowl arrives before me...
Mondongo soup...wow...i plunge the spoon deep and out comes a large alien looking piece of white substance with tiny ticklers all over it...after a long chew i realize pigs tripe is the local delicacy i was reccomended...hmmm the sweet smell of jellied dog food with an aroma to match....
something new something foreign...
the Taxidermy museum....yes by now everyone knows i cant spewl vewy well....hmph
with all those glass eyes facing in odd directions...and skin joined at random seams...
a moose in the middle of colombia...some graphic creativity between a huge eagle and a monkey in the process of becoming breakfast...
oh and the bear that came alive and almost ate kate..not her first close encounter...there was the 20 foot palm tree in the middle of a city that decided in one loud crash it would topple and miss her by a hair or two....quite a surprise at seven am before even a coffee...
oh and back to food, there are the roasted guinea pigs....really they need an apple to look appetizing...but i have discovered that cows heart tastes great marinated on a skewer..
in the shopping malls they have a little bar amongst all the prada and gucchi shops so dad can get liquored while the girls do that thing they love to do so much..(not saying i'm not partial to a bit of retail therapy)...some of the stores have rather large maniquins complete with love handles and tripple D's and other ones that are so beautiful men in america may ship them home for a wife.....
the only baby scan we could get in colombia was in 3D and textured out of russian fudge and we still can´t tell the sex...but it looks happy don´t you think...
there was the torture museum and i had to fix their noose from a granny knot....but strange they would´nt let me try it out....hmph... there was this weird spike thing that got screwed into the back of your head and a steel spiked collar that wouldn't let you sleep much...the standard stretching table...but it made us wonder what infomation they were trying to get...
we might pop out to some tropical islands for a few days as a break from all the bus rides....finally we got to the carribean...and it´s 35degrees in the shade...Cartagena is beautiful....and most of the buildings are built in the 1700's and still look inviting and beautiful covered in bougenvillia´s, door knobs to die for and great coffee accompanied by aircon and cushions...
and emeralds yesterday we saw one for a mere $25000.US so naturally i got it for Kate... she was happy untill they asked for it back when my plastic declined....
we stayed in a beautiful valley on the way up here filled with truffla trees and mist....wandered around a coffee plantation with a seventy year old guy with more bounce than a weeble with a wobble that don´t fall down....
there were loads of whole roast pigs being carried around ready to be feasted apon...now up here it seems we will be making a switch to fish....
enough of my rabbling i´ll add some pics and let your tired eyes recover from my banter...
love you all....oh and there was the zoo in cali that was supa COOL TOO...
love you all.....love to Nana...and huge hugs from where pirates once ruled...


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



18th June 2008

More Pictures?
Come on Gav you know i hate pictures of scencery! Needs more pictures of Mum and you. Now you have heard my orders :] Hope your having fun love you both xxx
20th June 2008

mwaahhhhh
you so funny little chicken! eek on the strange meat consumption, but any meat is odd to me! i like your style, your writing style that is! and where is a piccy of your bald buddha head........? miss you and loads of love xxxoooo cant wait to see your mini me

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb