Another day at sea


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile
January 21st 2016
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -41.4722, -72.9404

We had travelled another couple of hundred miles south overnight so in theory it should be cold, but another amazing sunrise and blue skies. By the time we got up and took up our breakfast position at the back of the boat in the sunshine, we had entered the Inland Passage, another waterway with islands and land on either side of us. We attended a talk by onboard naturalist, Milos Radakovich who gave us advice on how to use binoculars, the geology of how so many islands were formed by glaciers thousands of years ago, and what we could expect nature-wise over the next couple of days as we navigate the Magellan Staits and Beagle Channel. By early afternoon the beautiful weather had disappeared and a drizzle fell and the sea became choppier. We spent the rest of the day watching TV (the film, the Inturn was on) and reading in the indoor pool area. We watched the show 'Summer Sizzle', followed by dinner - we chose to share a table with two other couples; a Welsh couple from Swansea who have spent most of their married life in either Saudi or Dubai (he was a builder) and a couple from Toronto. We got to bed about 11 as it's an early start tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb