Fly Peru to Chile


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile
July 19th 2010
Published: July 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Monday 19.7.2010 day 278
Fly Peru to Chile
We got there even earlier for our flight even though we have our boarding passes knowing the problems that LAN had yesterday. We had bfast at the hostel as it was included and then got a taxi to the airport. We had to check our bags in and the like was out the door so lucky we got there early then we paid our departure tax. The flight was on time and we had good seats. When we got to Santiago I had to pay US$61 as apparently Australia requires Chile to pay it so they make up pay it along with 4 other countries the amount it depends on how much we charge then Aus was one of the smallest amounts and America was the most so they were all up set and going on about it. The boarder control was very nice. Then we got our bags and found our taxi that we pre arranged though the hostel. From the minuet that we got in the taxi he seemed upset at us and was on the phone calling us Americans. When we got to the hostel we gave him the $US 30 that the hostel told us it would cost but he would not except the money saying that it was marked etc I got the lady from the hostel to come out and help sort it out but then he was saying he would not except US dollars at all he wanted Pesos. The hostel quoted in $US not pesos so we thought that we had to pay in $US as we had a pickup we did not have time to get pesos out of the bank. Why would the hostel quote in $US if we had to pay in pesos! We would have been better off getting our own taxi from the airport. So the hostel has our money and the taxi driver is coming back for the money in pesos some time. So it is still not sorted out. I am upset that the hostel gave us a very bad deal on the taxi. I then went out and go some money out of the bank and got some food at the super market and they gave me $400 pesos instead of $4000 pesos it is only $8 Aus but you do not expect the supermarket to rip you off $8 Aus when the cost of what I got was only $10 aus. So far I am hating Chile and want to get out of this shit whole as soon as I can.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb