St. Paddy´s Day


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile
March 18th 2006
Published: March 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Two weeks into classes and work hasn´t really started yet... which has meant that nearly every night must be taken advantage of! Two quick things-

Yesterday, thursday, was the equivalent of a senior skip day and nearly the entire university just hopped on buses that left from campus and headed out to the beach in Tabo, Chile. We missed the boat on getting tix so 10 of us in our group (Laura, Michelle, Preston, Thomas, Brian, Jack, Kelsey, Will, Emmanuel, me) decided to find our own bus. After the hour and a half or so bus ride, we got off and headed down to the beach- chileans and music and food and waves just packed on the beach! It was crazy and a lot of fun...

St. Paddy´s Day was a lot more chill, and even though I was pretty beat I just couldn´t stay in. We found some pub called Dublin, got there a bit before midnight and enjoyed a U2 cover band and the company of the group and plenty of other extranjeros (foreigners). Favorite moment- singing with the group to It´s a Beautiful Day and having a nice cold beer... if I couldn´t be in Dublin or ND to celebrate the day, being at a pub called Dublin in Chile would probably be the next best thing!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Facultad de GringosFacultad de Gringos
Facultad de Gringos

Faculty of Gringos... us showing that we had written stuff all over our arms... :) Memo, Chileans, Laura, Manu, me, Michelle
Uhoh..Uhoh..
Uhoh..

Goin' into the mar, ready or not


Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb