Healthy bike rides and the best junk food ever


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile
May 5th 2009
Published: May 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Despite the cold morning, our first real day in Pucon turned out to be another beutiful sunny day with a good temparature, and we decided to rent bikes and explore some of the surrounding area. A great decision, as our 25km jaunt to Ojos de Carburga (a set of waterfalls) took us off on a dirt track through hilly country side, across lakes and farmland to our ulimtimate destination which embarrisingly though we could hear them we couldn´t actually figure out a way to get to trhe waterfalls! The scenery here is a lot greener as the area gets a lot more rain, and me and Phil have decided we wouldn´t mind buying a bit of land here one day and beoming farmers! A spectcular piece of acrobatics by mr holian on the way home sent him flying down a hill but luckily came up in one piece aside from a bit of a bent finger, meant we returned the bike in slightly worse condition than they were when we took them! But we had a fantastic day and would definitely recommend it as a trip from Pucon.

The big thing to do here is to climb the volvano, which is organised by loads of tour operators who line teh main street. Owing to Phils bent hand and our previoulsy discovered lack of fitness we decided to skip this, and instead went on a horse back ride through some more of the beautiful countryside around Pucon. This again turned out to be great fun, despite the definitely ploddy speed, and cos of the low season it was just me and Phil our rancher guide and our two very strong minded horses who had their own trip in mind for us! A great 3 hour meander around the valleys, left us both walking a bit bow legged for the next few hours and a well deserved feast of Chorillana (a mountain of fries, beef, eggs and freied onions - absolute junk food heaven!) and a pitcher of beer was our reward at the end of the day.

From Pucon, we were to head to the Isla de Chiloe, which would be southernmost point of our trip, and a one of the places I was looking forward to visiting the most. And from there north again to Valpariso Will have to filll you in on this next time I´m afraid!! BUt needless to say. Chiloe didn´t disspaoint!

Until next time!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb