Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile
January 18th 2005
Published: January 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

This amazing location on the banks of the raging river Futafeleu was a magical 2 days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Cara del Indio (Face of the Indian)Cara del Indio (Face of the Indian)
Cara del Indio (Face of the Indian)

Do you see his face? He watches all of the crazy gringos rafting and kayaking down this dangerous river.
Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)
Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)

Kayakers anf rafters on the Rio Futafeleu
Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)
Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)

What an amazing river and place!
Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)
Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)

This where I fished from. Caught some rainbow trout at this location.
Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)
Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)

I couldn´t get enough of this place. Someday I will come back. The winds just howl through the river valley
Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)
Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)

Another shot of the watchful chief looking over the river.
Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio) Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)
Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)

Camping here was rustic but had all I needed. A view of the sauna and showers to the left and cooking area under the circular hut. The Germans and Swiss tookover the place.
Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)
Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)

A view to the northeast. Horse in the foreground.
Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio) Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)
Rio Futalefeu (Cara del Indio)

Another view to the northeast with Luis and Nivia´s house in the foreground. The have all the usual farm animals, horses, cows, chickens, sheep.
Traveling from Cara del Indio to Ventisquero ColganteTraveling from Cara del Indio to Ventisquero Colgante
Traveling from Cara del Indio to Ventisquero Colgante

Man, there is just no infrastructure to be found in this region. No buses, no people. Nobody to give me a ride. I waited for almost 2 hours and didn´t mind it a bit. I hope this region of Chile always remains difficult to reach.
Patagonian Horse FlyPatagonian Horse Fly
Patagonian Horse Fly

You think horse flies are big in Minnesota. I always had 2 or 3 of these buggers keeping me company, especially when fishing by the river.
Finally got a rideFinally got a ride
Finally got a ride

Jose and his son Julian were so friendly to pick me up in Villa Santa Lucia. We stopped here in Puyuhuapi fro lunch. They dropped me off at the front gate to the Parque Nacional Queulat and the Ventisquero Colgante. A very dusty ride.


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb