Puerto Natales to Puerto Montt - On the Boat


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile
July 20th 2008
Published: August 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

After our 4 day intense trek we decided to jump on the Navimag Boat (Cargo ship) with Andy the Irishman, Matt the Aussie and Simon the dude from Austria. The boat took us from Puerto Natales to Puerto Montt along side the west coast of Chile.

With great weather we sailed for 3 days in total, through amazing sounds, bush and mountain ranges. On the csecond night we were inside the bridge watching the crew navigate through ice fields by moonlight. Jana felt like she was on Titantic even though they were not very big iceburgs!

After some travel sickness tablets we both had long day naps and recovered our bodies from the trek. There was not much to do on the boat but take in the beautiful views and narrow passes. So Jana began knitting more beanies, teaching Andy and Matt how to knitt, watched many movies and Drew took many Grandpa naps.

We were sad to see the cows in the cattle trucks squished in so tight that they had to stand the whole journey while there food was tossed on top of their heads. We arrived in Puerto Montt refreshed and ready to get on the move again. We hopped on to a bus back to Argentina and on to El Bolson ( a hippie town where locals brew there own beer, make there own cheese and run organic farms). Now we are waiting to catch a bus - going fully Cama (which means where the seats turn into beds and you get food and drinks) - all the way to Puerto Madryn where we will hopefully see the Whales.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Jana and the BoysJana and the Boys
Jana and the Boys

Teaching them how to knit
DrewDrew
Drew

Looking out from the Bridge
The dinning hallThe dinning hall
The dinning hall

common area on the boat


4th August 2008

Hi
Great photos you must be way south; keep it up Kate

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb