Central Chile


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile
June 29th 2008
Published: June 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We caught a bus up to Pucon where we arrived in the rain, but at least not in the dark this time, and followed a lady to her hospedaje. The next day we went white water rafting which was fun and the day after that we climbed the Volcano!! The best bit, other than reaching the top, was sliding the entire way back down in about 15mins with amazing sunny views of other steaming volcanoes, after taking hours and hours to climb it! Then we bussed it overnight to Santiago and went straight into a walking tour (we hadn't done one since europe). Our last day we trekked all over the city for hours and up a funicular in the park where we had the very refreshing drink called motte, like a peach necter that looks like tea with wheat bits and peach in the bottom. Had various salchichas and cervezas and performed our travelling routineless routine for the last time, soaked in the atmosphere and then got on the plane (rushing as usual) and flew back to home sweet Canberra.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

what a viewwhat a view
what a view

so puffed
view from Puconview from Pucon
view from Pucon

a very still day
view from our hostelview from our hostel
view from our hostel

Plaza de armas Santiago
Plaza de ArmasPlaza de Armas
Plaza de Armas

view from our hostel Santiago
hot!hot!
hot!

no more Andes


1st July 2008

South America trip
Thanks for your South American blogs - I enjoyed reading them. I quite like the "The Massive slide down" photo in your most recent one and the hostel with a view in Santiago - excellent location right next to the lively Plaza de Armas! Hope you arrived home safely, take care!

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb