Days at Sea, Bound for Easter Island, Chile


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile
January 26th 2007
Published: January 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Days 10-12, January 24-26, 2007, Friday, At Sea Bound for Easter Island

I guess the Captain of the ship has decided that we (passengers) do not need to know where we are!!!! The ship's channel has now disappeared off of our stateroom televisions!!!! After departing Lima, about 4 hours out to sea, we lost the majority of our television reception due to our remote location. We hear that our reception will not return until we reach Australia. Now this! We are beginning to feel VERY REMOVED from life as we knew it. Thanks goodness for the internet! I guess we will relax and enjoy our remoteness……

Latitude: ?? degrees ?? minutes S
Longitude: ?? degrees ?? minutes W
Speed: ??
Seas: I know this one! About the same, 1.5 - 4 feet
Winds: ?? knots (Must be kind of strong because we are rocking side to side again!)
Miles traveled from FLL: ?? nautical miles
Weather: About the same as yesterday, partly cloudy and 75 degrees

This is our third sea day of four, before we reach Easter Island. Ok, what is there to do on a sea day? Too much! The schedule is chock full of things to do! On the exercise front there is everything from Tai Chi to Pilates, to Spinning Classes to Walk-a-Mile clubs. For those who prefer the more intellectual things, there are the Explorations Series speakers that give talks on the history and culture of the areas we are visiting and port lectures that help everyone familiarize themselves with the lay of the land of the areas we will be in. For those who enjoy cultural types of things, there is an opera interest group, a choral group, art classes, origami, etc. There are cooking classes, dancing classes, movies, two swimming pools, games (bridge, chess, etc.) and just the opportunity to stare at the sea or to read. We, however, have school to keep us busy! I wish we could find more time in the day!

Still sorting out the Lima photos--will post soon!






Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb