3 month review (ish)


Advertisement
Published: July 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

La Calera´s finest piece of structural engineeringLa Calera´s finest piece of structural engineeringLa Calera´s finest piece of structural engineering

100 ft. ideal for dropping bugs bunny´s body from. photos of myself (sin rabbit) will be published shortly when interent functioning
Day 84

Well, here we go. Bien trabajo andrea, 3 months and you have managed to sep the blog up to week 2. Was thinking perhaps a brief round up before advance on further travels.

As it stands

have fortuneaty not been done for molestation, despite sending a child home with a blue willy because I forgot to wash his hands before pipi

On the subject I have been weed on only once (manser has already commented that nothing has changed since uni). I cound not decipher the word baño when spoken by the child with a speech impediment.

Am at last able to organize and successfully teach a 5 year old English (POR FIN) I would like to thank the wigglies, the writers of the hokey kokey and Barney the Dinosaur for making this possible. the children are now able to name all the colours, half a safari park and get their pèncils be sharpened in perfect english.

Have had a total of 3 mammas. Mamma uno deserves one of those gmtv hero of the year awards, mamma 2 has sadlyu departed and possibly mamma 3 had a sneaky nibble of my alfajore (pronounced Alpha - whore) biscuit while she was folding my underware.

Discovered the salsateque, battered off the advances of Mauricio who decided to phone at 5 in the morning requesting habler on msn and have the number of a Mario, Fernando and Vincent all of whom work in the public transport industry. There are new missionaries in town and mamma uno is determined.

The central region of chile has some good beaches to offer but the sea is Baltic (literally) and a 3 cm wet suit and a litre of urine is recommended if you are to brave them.

I am no more lonely as miss judy the secretary liked to say as another English girl, jess, was sent from chile and has proved excellent company in the trvial pursuit of child mockery. We spent her birthday making American pancakes and dressing up in the childrens fancy dress costumes.

Climbed the mountain (Absess on the land) of La Calera and the accompanying 100 foot crosss, see photos in due course or check out the wikipedia link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:La_Calera_Cross.JPG . 1 hour previously as we quitety read our books post picnic teh chilean equivalent of chavs (flites) had joined us. Three 11 year old boys in joggers and dog. I would like to highlight i was not judging by appearances but came to the conclusion that they were ´not quite our sort´by the fact that they were carelessly tossing about a spear. Yes my quiet life contemplation was interupted by the sight of a knife gafa taped to a branch. the 3 metres of rope they carried was also slightly ominous. Flashbacks of horror film Eden Lake came to mind.

The dog decided we were better ocmpany and it (and its flees)settled by our sides, later ´Henry thompson bowie would guide us down the hills). The knife wheelding niños disapeared for a bit and we continued our contemplation until we heard a thump.

There hunting trip had been a success and they were triuphantly swinging the body of a freshly speared rabbit. fantastic. what they were to do with the creature we were unsure. it was clearly obvious. what else od you do when thereñ´s a 100 foot cross in front of you. climb it and tehn drop the rabbit from the top.

shorty after this display we departed down the mountain to spent a de,ightful evening doing piano practic e of randy newman´s beauitful piece ´feels like home´´- you tube it.

so. muiy feliz on moment. have been rubbish at blogs, diary is a bit more up to date soo perhaps one day will reglae you of such moments as trips to the police staion or the place with 100 jumper shops.

.tomorrow getting on the long haul bus to arica and the nwill be spening one night in tacna peru for the sake of the visa stamp. feeling the trip is off to a good start as nice old man gave us cheap tickets. aiming for a good old summer holiday. keep on one and all big love, pleaes stay safe and sacar no mas x xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb