Viña del Mar


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Valparaíso Region » Viña del Mar
February 13th 2007
Published: February 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Viña is one of Chile’s premier resorts, and we hit it at peak time! Quite why we don’t know because the weather wasn’t as fabulous as expected and the sun rarely came out before 2pm. Thinking we had come across some anomalous weather I asked around only to find that it’s always like this in February!

Despite the disappointment with the weather we loved Viña. It’s hard to say exactly why but the general atmosphere was much nicer than Valpo. It is also very clean in comparison. I wanted to go to the Casino but our money was perfectly safe - it costs US$5 to enter and gentlemen require a jacket and tie (what about ungentlemanly backpackers?!).

The beaches are nice but the enormous rollers crashing onto the shore from the Pacific Ocean certainly put me off going swimming. There were an incredible amount of people braver than me and it looked a bit like Benidorm on a bad day by the middle of the afternoon.

We were quite relaxed after a couple of days but places farther North beckon and it was time to move on.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

GunsGuns
Guns

All along the seashore! The naval open air museum of guns!
A castleA castle
A castle

or a folly?
Easter Island MoaiEaster Island Moai
Easter Island Moai

We may not be going there, but at least we´ve seen one now!


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb