Chilean Cuisine Cooking Class


Advertisement
Published: March 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Now, here is an insight of how my travel mind works. I bought the plane tickets for this vacation on November 2. On November 8, I wrote to the Chilean Cuisine Cooking Class for information on how to book a class with them. From its website and reviews on Trip Advisor placing it as the number one activity, this seemed like the best, most reputable Chilean cooking class out there. At this point I ha... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Machas a la ParmesanMachas a la Parmesan
Machas a la Parmesan

aka Love on a plate.



24th March 2014

lunch
I SERIOUSLY need to stop reading these right as I'm thinking about making lunch! Your meals make my ham sandwich rather unsatisfactory! lol Sorry that the trip is done. I have enjoyed it. :)
24th March 2014

I am glad you enjoyed it
Thank you Deb. Hey, how about calling your ham sandwich something with a foreign sounding name. That makes just about anything sound exotic and delicious. lol
24th March 2014

Vodkha, really?
Honey, you are more like a shot of Fireball which is cinnamon whisky!!! Glad you are home and can't wait to see you!!! LOVED this entry!
24th March 2014

Fireball, I can see that
Thank you so much Janie, I am glad you enjoyed the blog. It is nice to be home and thinking about next year's adventure!
24th March 2014

Success!
Ok, we'll be over for dinner soon. You could see that coming. Subtle as a pisco sour. You had your priorities in the right place. Glad you learn a few more cooking tips. We will have to add that class to our to do list. I'm glad the group meshed and had fun as a team to pull off the meal. Looks fantastic.
24th March 2014

Subtle as a Pisco Sour!
I would love to have you over for dinner. If you are in Chile, I would absolutely recommend this class. This was a perfect way to wind down a high octane vacation.
25th March 2014

Classics by a classic!
What great Chilean classics you prepared--and especially with yummy Carmenere, the classic Chilean wine (rather like the Malbec in Argentina). Glad you got to roam a couple of wonderful South American markets with their colorful displays of fresh produce and treats (and cats and dogs). A perfect chef's ending to your holiday!
25th March 2014

It was just what I needed
You are so right Tara. The food, the wine, the markets, they were all what I had hoped for.
25th March 2014

Silence while eating
We always joke to each other that when the food is good, we are too busy eating to talk and that's quite a feat for us as we are real talkers! The cooking class sounds amazing and it seems like you got some great ideas - the ratatouille with the corn mixture as a vegetarian dish sounds fabulous!
25th March 2014

It sounds like you can relate
Thank you Donna and Neil for the nice comment. I'm glad that others understand how great food can take over the conversation for a bit. Traveling always brings new menu ideas to mind, not that all will work. I do think the ratatouille vegetarian dish will rock though. And again, thanks for stopping in to read and comment.
25th March 2014

Finishing with a bang!
What a fantastic way to finish your trip...waiting for details on the next adventure! I love the photos in this blog very much. :)
25th March 2014

It definitely was a bang
Hi RenandDrew. Thanks for your nice comment. While planning the trip I didn't realize how nicely this class would wind up the vacation. As for next year, I have started the big picture process, but won't really zero in until later. It is too fun to imagine all the places I might end up. Keep your wonderful pics and stories coming.
26th March 2014

I've enjoyed traveling with you...
until next time!
26th March 2014

Your turn next
I can't wait to follow you on your journey down South. Thank you for following and for your nice comments.
26th May 2014

'Research'
Any chance you'd be able to claim this as a work expense? ;-) Great finish to the trip, have enjoyed belatedly catching up with your adventures!
28th May 2014

I am glad you enjoyed it
Actually, yes. I am able to take the class and some lodging and travel expenses off as work research. Since I do use many of the things I see and eat on a trip in my work, it is considered ok.
28th May 2014

Research
I was only half being serious, but good on you!!
28th May 2014

Few Advantages to Being a Chef
This is one time where it does help to be a chef. Heck I have used the gazpacho that I learned in Spain for several VIP events at work and have another one coming up in August. I was wondering if you were kidding, but thought I would reply. I am glad you followed along on the trip.

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 25; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb