Adventures in Valparaiso


Advertisement
Published: July 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Quite confusing architectureQuite confusing architectureQuite confusing architecture

A mix of the old and new
Well we got up early (8am???) felt like it was about 5am though. Had to wake up the others, so Kate decided to wake them in true Blurton fashion - Wakey, Wakey, hand off snakey! the boys really appreciated that!! After waiting about 1 hour for the rest of the group to get ready, we headed off into the wild cold yonder.

Kate was playing team leader and trying not to get everyone lost, we made it to the bus station (after an uneventful Metro ride) with about 5 minutes until bus left. The bus journey took 1.5-2hours, and it had started to rain - yippee no rain coats with us! We arrived and Tom (the englishman), and Tim (the scotsman) - no it´s not a silly story we have made up - went and found a hostel, while we went and found the Irish girls with the Ryan (the american). After a long stroll through what seemed like just another city (smelly, dirty etc), we found the girls at the Ectacion Bellavista, waited for Tim and Tom, then proceded on our adventurous tour of the city.

However before we could see much, our stomachs called for attention. The
The AscensoresThe AscensoresThe Ascensores

They were built between 1883-1916
quickest place we found only served pasta (so after much deliberation we decided we couldn´t go on any further, so we ate).

Lunch was interesting, after we played shirades with the waiter, we got our meals (soup - we think it was pumkin, pasta, then coffee). Ryan decided he was going to try the local diet sugar syrup in his coffee. As he poured about 1 tablespoon in, we all laughed as we said it probably goes by the drop, conscequently it tasted like a ´snickers bar with coffee´.

We walked around the city and used the famous hillside ascensores (elevators - see the photo attached), trying to find the world famous graffiti, we found some, but not quite sure if it is the right ones.

Over all Valparaiso was quite a beautiful little city, with cute painted houses of all different colours. It was made better by the company of course, we think they all might think Kate is crazy though!!!

We (kate, Jill and Ryan) eventually made our way back to the hostel, getting back about 8pm.

Today we haven´t done too much, shopping only. However we are going out dancing tonight which
The troupeThe troupeThe troupe

Watch out the car!!!
will be quite entertaining. We will let you all know what happens latter.

Hasta Luego

love and kisses
Kate and Jill





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



8th July 2006

IS THERE CHILLI IN CHILE?
Wheres Jill? Not in the photo. Maybe Kates done away with her. Have a great time you 2, dont do anything Norm wouldnt enjoy.

Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb