Our 6th Cruise: Valparaiso, Chile to Rio, Brazil


Advertisement
Published: December 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

South America Cruise #6~




Valparaiso, Chile: Here we spent the day having lunch and shopping at the local art vendors.

Puerto Montt, Chile: This was quite a special day....we went white-water rafting with a bunch of our friends from the ship. The course wasn't that difficult, but we still had a challenge every so often - especially when we had "splashing wars" with the other raft! The day was finished off with lunch and a stop at an alpaca ranch. It really ticked when they ate out of our hands!!

Ushuaia, Argentina: Shopping and eating...nothing new!

Stanley, Falkland Islands: A day at Gypsy Cove checking out the Magellanic Penguins!

Brittany's "B" Birthday Party: Just show up dressed as anything that starts with the letter "B"... a bumblebee, a bride, a black cat, Barbie, big booty, a bum, Beauty & the Beast, etc...

Montevideo, Uruguay: A nice day at a local beach with Larry & Nicole, and then lunch & free wifi at "Chez Montevideo" - a really cool beach restaurant.

Buenos Aires, Argentina - Day 1: This was a really fun day. Larry and I spent the day on a Cafe Tortoni Tour...a ship tour that took us through Buenos Aires' subway system and to one of the most popular cafes in the city: Cafe Tortoni. Then, that night for dinner, we went to a really special place called Club 647. This dinner club was very trendy and reminded Larry and I of New York City restaurants we've been to in the past. We finished off the night with a few drinks at the Kilkenny - a popular Irish pub among the ship's crew.

Buenos Aires, Argentina - Day 2: This was another really great day in BA! Unfortunately, Larry had to work all day, so in the morning I did a ship tour as a tour escort - the Tigre Delta Tour. This tour took me on a lovely boat ride down the Tigre Delta and also took a brief stop at a local village in the area. Afterwards I met my friend Nicole and we went to Palermo - Soho....the shopping district of Buenos Aires! Needless to say, we had a great time there.







Additional photos below
Photos: 144, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Osorno VolcanoOsorno Volcano
Osorno Volcano

Puerto Montt, Chile
An alpacaAn alpaca
An alpaca

(A baby llama)


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb