Arrival


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region
November 24th 2011
Published: September 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The flights getting here were long, but walking into my bedroom took my breath away. On the 24th floor, one wall is glass with an awesome balcony overlooking the City, and the other wall has a large glass window with a mock balcony overlooking more of the City and the mountains. Just awesome!

Patricia lives in the Las Conde area, a couple of blocks from the main Avenue, nicknamed "Sanhattan" because of being such a Cosmopolitan area resembling Manhattan. We did some walking around and ended up having lunch at a wonderful restaurant which is also a gourmet shop, La Coquinaria. One pisco sour and I was VERY mellow! On the way back we stopped at El Mundo del Vino and bought a bottle of a Chilean cabernet sauvignon that the seller made sound absolutely delightful. With a couple of cheeses we bought at Jumbo, otherwise known as the Chilean Supermarket Experience, it is going to be a wonderful sunset watching Happy Hour on the balcony on the other side of the house, overlooking even more beautiful mountains and the golf course. I very much doubt I will be able to do justice to the dinner her maid, Sadie, is cooking for us.

Tomorrow evening we head down South to the Lake District to stay at Patricia's relatives Bed and Breakfast. Flying into Puerto Montt, we then head to Puerto Varas about 20 minutes away until Monday when we get back in time to go eat at what Laine (Patricia's husband) describes at "Death by Meat." Can't wait!

The weekend's itinerary includes:
Saturday
Cruising on Lake Todos Los Santos in the Cordillera de los Andes .. takes you all the way to Barriloche, Argentina .. but we are going only as far as Peulla, coming back same night.

Sunday
Frutillar , Llanquihue , and Puerto Octay, all situated around Lake Llanguihue ..


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb