Torres Del Painful


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Magallanes » Torres del Paine
February 10th 2007
Published: February 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well arrived in Puerto Natale, a small horror film like town in Southern Chile on Tuesday. One night there was enough and we set off on the 7 am bus to Torres Del Paine National Park.

3 hoour bus journey there and some quick lunch and the Six of us set off for Grey's glacier. Forty minutes in i though i was going to die, steep hills and myself just dont seem to mix well. Anyway we power on through and come to the view point after about an ahour and a half. The view is amazing, down off a 200-300 high hill onto Lago Grey and not too far off on the distance Grey's galcier itself. Pretty cool.

We continue walking on for about an hour, only thing is its all down hill. Fine when your going down, not so much when yo have to come back up. Anyway we had been walking for about 3 hrs and find a small beach on the lake and decide to have some lunch there. Its getting late so we decide to head back to make sure we get there before dark.

So we start up the hill, i lose sight of the lads one by one as i feel the darkness begin to close in on me, seriously though it wasn't that bad ........ once i got to the top.

We make it back at about 7.30 and head straight to the bar for a well earned Cerveza. We then head to the cooking hut, that is jammed with people, and que to cook our food.

The bad news was that we were cooking pasta and hotdog sausages for six, with one massive pot, the worse news was that the gas hobs were terrible and it took almost an hour to boil the pasta and hot dogs. Which were terrible, and the bloody Germans and Chileans were so rude that they stayed in the few seats in that room after their dinner and watched us as we stood while eating....... Dumbasses.

Anyway, back in Puerto Natale now, back to Elcalafate on Saturday so that we can catch a plane to Barriloche on Sunday and start moving north again.

Until next time, you keep it sexy San Diego

Al


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb