stories that make you go: apurale guey!


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Magallanes » Punta Arenas
April 19th 2009
Published: April 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Story NUMERO UnO :

Bought bus ticket out of Pucon to Puerto varas. & hours of riding a bus awaited me. I was ready. Lots of cookies for my 3 times a day snack...one liter of water (hmm, cuplrit), one avacodo and braed for lunch, and loads of zzzzzz´s! One of the many small town stops I decided I was going to use the bathroom at the bus station. Come on they are less stink than bus latrines. I got off the Bus in Osorno and as i passed the bus driver I quickly asked how long the bus was going to stop for. 5 min he yelled. I thought it would give me ample time. I ran as fast as I could, the damn bathroom was way at the end of the terminal. I hand my 150pesos to the lady and she then gets distracted by her boyfriend. he grabbed her and started kissing her. Aw, cute, but come on, i had to pee and she hadnt put in the retarded coin thingy to let me in...Finally they saw i was squirming and doing the pee pee dance, she finally thre in the coin. AW, YES! I wasfinished quickly and hauled ass back to the bus. Jumped on and made my way to my seat. Quickly scanning for my bag, I saw none. WFT....I ran out. Looking for MY BUS. IT was nowhere to be found. This man, with dark glasses, smoking a cig. laughed at me and told me that the bus had left me but to not worry bc he was going to call my bus driver. He called and was told to put me on a taxi and to meet the bus at the BIG (grocery store). Jumped into the taxi driver. Told him my story and he laughed. The bus was waiting. Thank goodness. The bus driver paid the taxi after giving a headache about me not paying for it bc THEY HAD LEFT ME. 800 pesos later I was on my BUS to PUerto Varas. Note to self...will not get off a bus to go pee at the terminal.


Story NUMERO DoS:

Rudolf and I were on our way to hike 15 km in Enscenada. BUt first we had to catch the Encsenada bus. Walking to the bus stop, he saw in the far distance our bus that had just left. ¨Should we jump on a taxi to catch it¨, the german man asked me. ¨Um, I dunno¨... Before i knew it were speeding on a taxi just to catch a bus. The taxi drove like a mad man...After several kilometers, we finally reached the bus. He honked and the bus pulled over to the side for us to get on : )


Story Numero TrEs :
This mkaes you go OUCH..scratch scratch

El Compass del Sur Hostal in Puerto Varas- WARNING! After staying in a room inside a room at the compass del sur, the people at the hostal decided to move me to the real dorm room. I did not refuse. Er..big mistake! I gladly moved my stuff bc it meant I was going to have someone else in the room to talk with. Bed time came around, and I crawled into my comfy bed. Morning came and I was ready to greet the day. That day, Rudolf, my friend, and I were heading off to Puerto Montt for the day. The whole bus ride I was basically nawing of my skin on my neck, hands and stomach. Rudolf tried to keep me from scratching my skin off...but i itched and itched and so he gave up. Putting on hydrocortisone was of no help...slathering on another medicine did not help. WEll, the day went by and my itches were still there. My neck and hands and stomach lookied like a whole infantry of bugs had taken war on me. It looked disgusting. Um, I swear I shower, everyday mom! REALLY; REALLY. When we got back to the hostal, I saw my dorm mate, bent over scratching at his leg furiously. ¨hey you, what are you doing...do you have bugs bites as well, let me SEE!¨...the brazilian guy lifted his pant leg, and he HAD THE same looking bites. AHA! I quickly thought of
!Bed BUGS!. I demanded to see the owner to show him my bites and to tell him hehad a bed bug infestatioin in the dorm. But he brushed me off. He was busy tending the phone and worrying about his things and said ¨¨AW, its the puppy, it must be flees¨¨¨ I then asked for a discount and he was having none of it...Then one of the ladies that worked there, blurrted out that she remembered that a previous guest had complained of such bug bites.....¨and did you guys do anything¨. ¨No¨, shesaid. ARG! I was furious bc i had iches from hell. Fine. I guess I have no choice but to itch and go to a pharmascist later. The next night they moved me and the other dorm guest to a diff room. Morning after..bites were still there. But that day I was flying to Punta Arenas, so I couldnt go to the pharmacy. On the plane, I itched the whole way. I must have looked like a dirty backpacker with my bites. jaja. So! Once in Punta Arenas...I went to the phramascist and all she could tell me that nothing was goig to stop the itching andthat i had to go see a dr at the public hospital (bc it was Sat). Fine...I arrived, threy took my name...wondered if i was being a sissy and if I raelly had to be there. But by now I had bumps on my face! Gross. After an hour of waiting. My name was finally called. The dr came in 20 min later and probaly couldnt believe why i was even there, when more serious patients were there. He looked at my bites briefly and said I had ALLERGY. Jaja, I laughed. I HAVE BUG BITES; NOT ALLERGY...look at my face I said, ¨Yes those are pimples¨ he said...¨No sir, I know pimples, I have had them since i was 15 and those are not pimples¨...¨The nurse will come by with a shot, please wait¨ and he left. The nurse came in, gave me a shot in the ass. Then took me into another room wth people on stretchers. He came back with a butterfly needle and some fluid. Give meyour arm....he said. WHAT? Yes, Im going to shoot up this medicine up your vein. NO...YES....NO...Yes, dont you want to stop itching. YES...OK then, give me your arm. ¨fine, but good luck finding my veins, they too have gone on vacation and they will be hiding. I havent worked out in three months, maybe i should go run around and put hot compressions on my vein so you can get it¨ He laughed. I squezzed my hands, so as to get my veins ready, so they can come out from hiding and so that they could be seen. But my veins werent having it. He liked the left arm and tried, He poked about ten times and i finally said ...¨please, stop and go for the right arm¨ He did, but this time he was looking at my HAND VEINS....¨Oh hell no¨ I blurted out in English.....¨No, no, no, that will hurt...no, Ive seen my cancer patients get stuck in the HAND veins and it doesnt look like it feels nice...NONO NO, Aw naw, you ain´t¨, here, tie the rubber glove (they had no turniquit) one my arm and look, ill find you my vein (I used to draw blood at the hospital and I knew how they feel)¨ There, I found my vein....poke three i told him...he poked and wala....nice vein it was....I got ready to be poked. then got ready for the syringe full of clear liquid. I thought i was going to feint...feeling the liquid go through my vein....the nurse looked at me and looked concerened and with his free hand he held my hand. I felt like a wuss. ¨there, your itches should sto¨p. if not come back again¨....no way in hell I was going back, i thought. he said oodby with a kiss on my cheek and a hug (what fresh dude, sneaking a kiss on my cheek!). A day later, jaja, my itches are still there but not like naw off my skin type.

______________________________________________________________

Im now in Punta Arenas. Where my friend, Piero, who lives here, was kind enough to pick me up from the airport. AW, felt so good to recognize a friendly face and it was there to greet me. YOu know that feeling when you arrive at the airport, all alone, and noone there to pick u up...eh, not so nice of a feeling. So off we were, Pierro and I in his jeep. He gave me grand tour of small Punta Arenas...where its famned for its high winds. But i came in a good time, no winds. These winds can literally knock youy down, make you walk at 45 deggree angles, Ive heard! Here the tress are slanted...well, some. Thats how powerful the gale force winds are.
We walked to la plaza de armas..he took me up and down streets so I could learn the streets so that I wont get lost. And then he dropped me off in my hostal. At around 6 he came to pick me up again and we went none other than outdoor gear shopping..jaja...i gues he thinks that since we both are outdoorsy pople, he tries to take me to those shops (he did the same back in santiago), im not complaing, I like it. After browsing...we were hungry and ready for dinner. We headed off to the grocery store. What do u wnat to eat. I was craving scrammbled eggs and ham...so we bought ham and other stuff. WE brought everything back to his parents house...and I thought I was going to be cooking. So that was the understanding I had...the mom whipped up the eggs, cooked them and had the table set up for the whole family to have dinner. It was so nice of here I thought. Chilean familes are so warm and kind. WE stayed there until 12 midnight talking and talking. ARound, 12ish, his friends call and we head over to the CASINO bar for some drinks..after a pisco sour we spotted other friends and they came over. The whole time they were conving us to go dancing with them I looked at how i was dressed, hiking boots, rain proof jacket, rei fleece sweeter on, army hat on, pig tails, Um NO way...I thought. Yes way, they thought. We danced until 4am...and the whole time i looked like dora the explorer and I got a few stares, jajajaja.

Today, Piero´s family took me out for lunch and boy was it yummy. They took me to a plush place and I ate some yummy shrimp : )


Advertisement



20th April 2009

I swear Claudia, these things only happen to you. Well hopefully this will be your one and only bad experience in a hostel and let me know if you're doing better.
20th April 2009

what a wonderful ending to your stories : )..my fave part: you dancing in your dora outfit! must've looked soooo cute ; )

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb