about to head to torres del paine


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Magallanes » Puerto Natales
March 24th 2005
Published: March 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I am writting fast so sorry for the spelling errors.

we just spent three beautiful but cold days in el calafate. it is basically a gateway town to parque nacional las galciers, the home of perito moreno glacier. it is difficult to imagine what the glacier looks like except to stand in front of it, open mouth, gasp, say a couple of explatives, repeat. the glacier rises up out of the water 180 feet and is roughly 20km deep. for those who have been to the grand canyon and looked over the edge and sort of felt humbled by the experience, same thing. we have some great pictures that we will put add to this latter but I didnĀ“t bring the stuff to load them this time. From el calafate we got on a bus, said good bye to argentina and headed west.

Hello Chile!!!

we are now in puerto natales which is a little coastal town way, way down south. tomorrow we get up really fricken early to head parque nacional torres del paine. we are planning to do a 6 day hike to more glaciers, and to see the famous torres - a set of three huge peaks that shoot out of the hilles. we are very excited to throw on the packs and get into the back-country.

wish us good weather (it is freezing here now)

more to come upon our return.

ben and alana



Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb