Day Three Final Day


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Magallanes » Puerto Natales
February 13th 2007
Published: February 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Got up with muchas aches and pains but after 2 days and the sites we knew we would make it.

Im not gonna mention the refuggio cos i have calmed down now(rip off bastards basically!!, 40 dollars for a hostel. You could stay in a Hilton down here for that!!).

The first hour or so on the way to the Base Torres was the worst straight up hill but after that it was a nice walk through the forest along a river. We even had time to do our Mysterious Girl photo shoot at the waterfall and i apoligise in advance for the photo!!

Got to the bottom of the mountain and all that was left was the climbup a rockslide to the top. So itwas time to dump the bags and get climbing. When we got to the top we were met with 2 giant rock faces(the Two Towers) and a lake a up 1000 metres. It was spectactular and came together just right for the 3 days.

On the way back down we down a lot of complaining about our sore legs and had some more Tuna rolls(aaaahhhh!!!) and limped back to the refuggio. Our Scottish bud Craig turned out to be the only guy without injury. Me and dar and Gar had sore ankles, Graham had everything(ooohhh guys worst ever) and Al was prob asleep somewhere.

Got the bus back that night to Puerto Kippo and then it was back to El Calafate to catch our flight to Bariloche for some much needed R+R......

And thats our trek. Craig is heading his own way to Puerto Madryn but we shall be defo meeting up soon for a few more scoops down the road..


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.235s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 65; dbt: 0.1763s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb