Gringos Again


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Los Lagos » Puerto Varas
December 3rd 2005
Published: December 4th 2005
Edit Blog Post

After a four hour bus trip we arrived in Puerto Montt just as all the shops were shutting and the skies above were opening.

Managed to get to Navimag just as they were closing their doors and find out that our tickets are confirmed coming back up in January, but Naviteria Austral were closed so we'll have to turn up on Monday and hope we can get a ferry down to Chaiten. Lan Chile picked today to close their offices for refurbishment. Yay us.

We sheltered in McDonalds for a while to get out of the rain, then hit the stores and managed to find ourselves two reasonable backpacks for about $A100 each. We figured that as we'd have to hire backpacks for the Patagonian Trek for $US50 it made more sense to buy some for the whole trip.

After that we cycled back to Caza Azul (backpacks strapped to the top of my bike) clocking up a total distance of just over 900km for the trip. Christie suggested I go for a 100km ride tomorrow to make the total distance 1000km ... I suggested she fall under a really big lorry.

The bikes are now stored safely away and all our stuff sprawled from one end of the room to the other.

So we're back on the Gringo trail. We celebrated this fact with an English couple by sitting up to two o'clock in the morning drinking chateau cardboard and discussing the foibles of the world.

'tis good.

Advertisement



5th December 2005

so uncool
... so unlike you >Christie suggested I go for a 100km ride >tomorrow to make the total distance 1000km ... I >suggested she fall under a really big lorry.
5th December 2005

how uncool
don't recognise you in this at all JD Ralph >Christie suggested I go for a 100km ride >tomorrow to make the total distance 1000km ... I >suggested she fall under a really big lorry.
5th December 2005

how uncool
:) don't recognise you in this JD Ralph >Christie suggested I go for a 100km ride >tomorrow to make the total distance 1000km ... I >suggested she fall under a really big lorry.
7th December 2005

calendar girl with dogs
Hope Jazzy is not reading this blog and seeing the photos of her fickle owner with all those Latino dogs.

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0762s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb