Trekking in the Patagonian Andes!


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Los Lagos » Chiloé Island
December 19th 2005
Published: December 19th 2005
Edit Blog Post

It´s been a long time since I´ve had access to a computer because Nick and I flew from Santiago straight down to Punta Arenas, so that we could visit the Torres del Paine national park. It really was so stunning that I kept saying "This is so beautiful" over and over again! It had everything - HUGE glaciers, turquoise lakes, and beautiful mountains, including the eponymous ´Torres´(towers). I´m afraid that I´ve hardly got any photos on my digi camera but at least you get a vague idea of it. You´ll have to wait to see the rest when they´re printed from Nick´s SLR. We camped in the park for 4 days, in forests and alongside the lakes and glaciars. It´s truly an unforgettable place. Enough of my spouting, just go there if you can!
We´re now on the island of Chiloé, where we also camped by a national park and canoed across Cucao lake. Hopefully might get to visit some penguins this afternoon...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Torres del Paine lookoutTorres del Paine lookout
Torres del Paine lookout

Weather wasn´t great on the 2nd morning when we trekked up from the campsite to the Torres lookout but it was breathtaking nonetheless. We´d got up at 5 am and kept trekking until about 4:30 pm that same day!


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb