Day 124 - Could get used to this relaxing lark


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Los Lagos » Chiloé Island
November 3rd 2006
Published: November 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post


With all the right intentions of getting up and out to explore the island or just something other than the four walls of the Cabana, we woke at 7am. However it could have been the tea in bed, or the windy cold weather outside or the lie in till 11 that dictated the activities or lack of for the rest of the day. We are not afraid to admit that we are throughly enjoying the lazy and relaxing time we are having at the moment.

One thing Gemma did do today was research more into possible activities etc we can do for the final 6 weeks in South America. We do not think we will get much time to sit down and relax again until South Africa, as the list has just doubled in size with things to do and places to see.

We did venture out to a recommended resturant tonight for choritos con papas fritas (aka moules avec frites). It was delicious, washed down with some cerveca Kunstmann (Germanic beer).

150 years ago the island of Chiloe saw an influx of German immigrants. Their influence is still apparent today in the fondness for beer, fair skinned locals and distinct lack of jokes.

Today is 4 months since we left London. The amount we've crammed in really does surprise us when we go through it, and it's mad to think that we could fly to Toronto today and repeat our trip so far. Twice.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 23; qc: 104; dbt: 0.1101s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb