Dodgy Empañada


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Coquimbo Region » Los Vilos
May 5th 2006
Published: May 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Lovely Los VilosLovely Los VilosLovely Los Vilos

This is it - our solitary photo of Los Vilos, smothered in a thick sea fog. At this stage of the journey things were getting bleak...
...and found beautiful Los Vilos, home to rolling golden beaches, friendly locals, and delicious seafood.

Or not. Los Vilos (pronounced Lo Vilo), was covered in a thick sea mist for the two days we were there. Our slightly out of date travel guide highly recommended a hostal that was now a tacky souvenir shop, and we ended up in the rundown Hotel Bellavista (bellavista my arse).

Undeterred, we headed towards the town's one main street, in search of alcohol and local delicacies. Stepping over the many comatose dogs that littered the dusty road, we found a tiny cafe and ordered empañadas - safe old cheese for me and adventurous ´seafood´ for Grace.

Grace was kind enough to share some of hers with me, and as a result our two days in Los Vilos were spent within easy stumbling distance of our tiny, draughty bathroom.

Advertisement



29th May 2006

remy's revenge
Hey guys, lovin' the weblog. Remy wanted me to say that he's hoping you're not regretting the rabies decision. Let sleeping dogs lie !

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb