CHILE...the Atacama Desert & Death Valley Blues


Advertisement
South America » Chile » Atacama
July 23rd 2016
Published: July 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

CHILE...the Atacama Desert & Death Valley Blues. When one leaves cocaine country one expects suspicious eyes. When it's a border post from Bolivia into Chile we kinda expect it'd be like the border passes between Argentina and Chile in Patagonia with a couple of kilometres of no-mans land between Customs checks...Chile Chico, Paso Robales, Cerro Castillo for example. Leaving Heaven at Hito Cajo... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

That's the sunset at Coyote StoneThat's the sunset at Coyote Stone
That's the sunset at Coyote Stone

No clouds just a yellow glow



23rd July 2016

Amazing Atacama
Your photos are amazing (as always!). Took me right back. What a magical place. What a great trip!
23rd July 2016

Amazing Atacama
About time we had that 'oft mentioned debrief of our South American sojourns Rachael. Next blog takes us to an aspect of the Atacama that we never imagined was there.
24th July 2016

It never rains in the Valley of the Moon
It's an amazing place Dave...so brown is the place with white patches of salt...and the amazing pictures as always, I definitely agree with Rachel. And as you know me Dave, I was itching to dangle my feet from the Coyote stone....amazing experience Dave. Looking forward to reading your next blog.
24th July 2016

It never rains in the Valley of the Moon
Thanks Tab. The Atacama Desert has always been the top of my bucket list and what a thrill to be there...what a thrill to discover it's reality is not how I expected it. But there is no way I'd dangle my feet over Coyote Stone...no way!
28th July 2016
Marko...Death Valley Blues

Kindred Souls
Always good to find a fan of the blues along the way.
28th July 2016
Marko...Death Valley Blues

Kindred Souls
"His smile would make fathers fear for their daughters. Probably better he is with us, I thought!" Marko was a cool cat indeed. How lucky as it turned out he was with us. The vibe of exciting Blues blaring in the majesty of Death Valley is like my Pappo track in this blog...exhilarating!
28th July 2016
Death Valley

Stunning beauty
No words.
28th July 2016
Death Valley

Stunning beauty
There is something about desert landscapes that you understand from your travels MJ. When you are overlooking Death Valley and the Atacama deserts there is no need for words...just awe.
28th July 2016

Boarder Crossings and so much more
You've become a real expert at boarder crossings. They all seem to offer something a little different. I can see why this location was on the bucket list. Simply stunning. Breathing taking. I knew a blues man could be trusted to find you a decent sunset. Well planned my friend. Some day we will follow in your footsteps.
28th July 2016

Border Crossings and so much more
Having travelled the Blues with Dave and you, I'm not surprised you can get in the groove MJ. The border crossing at Hito Cajon from Bolivia into the Atacama of northern Chile is definitely the way to go. We thought we were leaving Heaven to return to Earth. Little did we imagine where the wind that led us would ultimately blow!
19th August 2016

Contested notions
I thought Bolivia was heaven on earth - but the Atacama Desert contested that notion, in particular the Alpine areas. ...and that Marko... :)
19th August 2016

Contested notions
Travelling down the Blues Highway, Heaven is in the backseat of a cadillac but in Bolivia and Chile...wow...hard to pick between! And that Marko...it's not just fathers who fear for their daughters!

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 19; qc: 39; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb