Cordoba, Salta and San Pedro de Atacama


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Atacama
May 30th 2008
Published: May 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 33
A day full of travel, with the plane journey back to Buenos Aires and then a quick stop at Millhouse to meet up with Col then off to the bus station to get a bus overnight to Cordoba.

Day 34
Arrived in Cordoba and wandered to our hostel to have a little nap. Had a wander around the town during the day while Claire was a lazy bones and stayed in bed watching Along Came Polly for the 14th time on the trip. You like to Scuba?
Cooked some pasta for din dins then hit some sauce and went on the town. Its a massive university city (7 of them) so there was loads of folk out and about. Had plenty of drinks, me and Col had a couple of naps and then left the club for home. Col wanted to stay longer so we left him only for him to turn up nat the hostel 10 minutes after us pizza in hand. Fatty.

Day 35
Slept all day and then went to the biggest all you can eat buffet in Argentina. It cost 24 pesos (4 quid) and there was everything you could dream of. A guy on the bbq cooking steaks how you wanted them, some Chinese cooking up fresh fish and stir fry, paella, and even jelly and ice cream for afters. Ace of base. We were 3 fattys when we left.

Day 36
Went to the big park and stumbled across a little zoo so wandered in and saw some lions and tigers and even ducks. The clear highlight. Pottered around the park all day and then had some dinner on the roof of the hostel and then got back on the voddy and hit the toon. Turned out Monday night wasnt very busy but we managed to wander around bars till about 3 then went over to the 1 club that was open. The club boasted some transvestites and Col had an extra special time as some geezer took a shine to him and was stroking the back of his neck as they chatted. When we went over to rescue him by saying we were going his response was "awww, lets just stay for one more." Hmmmm.

Day 37
Went to the cinema to see Street Kings and then said our byes to Col and got the bus up to Salta overnight.

Day 38
Pottered around Salta for the day, a pretty little town (we´re bored of them now, so spoilt). Went up a cable car lift to get a view over the city and then watched the Champions League final. We´d planned to do a bungee here but apparently its just been outlawed. We didnt ask why. Had some nice tucker in one of the plazas then got an early night before our early start to go to country number 3.

Day 39
Big fat bus journey to San Pedro, crossing the border from Argentina to Chile. Got there about 5 and had a quiet night.

Day 40
Rented some mountain bikes and rode off into the desert. Saw some lovely scenery and ruins and did some jumping. Had to cross a monster river (stream), which proved dificult as we loked for a bridge. Then a car cam and drove straight through it. We asked the guy if there was another way. He said no. So we dived in and got wet. We´re such adventurers. Got some nicely sizzled lips from the sun and then rode to a swimming pool just outside of the town. We thought it was going to be a natural oasis. It was a swimming pool. And we didnt have our gear. Devoed.
Got back to the place to drop the bikes off and couldnt find the key for the lock after we´d locked the two bikes together. We said we´d bring it later and went in search. Baldwin was adamant i´d put it in my pocket and showered me with abuse when i couldnt find it. We had to keep our heads down the rest of the night and someone evedn came to the hostel to look for us. We managed to escape Chile without discovery to the safety of Bolivia. Needless to say when Claire unpacked her bag in La Paz something popped out the front pocket.

We spent the night with some French dude out in the middle of the desert looking at the stars on an astronomy tour. Loads of massive telescopes and he explained about all the star and the constellations. Of course it went in one ear and out the other. Good fun though and got a beast of a picture of the moon.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.367s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb