Extrem sports (again!) in the Araucania Region


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Araucanía » Pucón
December 7th 2011
Published: December 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After staying 6 days in Pucon, a beautiful city at the foot of the Villarrica Volcano, we went back to Santiago yesterday at night (12 hours in the bus) for our last 3 days. During these 6 days, we did other sports, more or less extrem, like 60km mountain biking, a nice hike to a waterfall (Salto El Claro), canopy (zip-lines of about 100meters), and the most extrem: The ascension of the Villarrica Volcano, an activ Volcano which summit culminates at 2847m! We started at 1400m and ascended 1400 vertical meters in less than four hours! The crater of the volcano was very impressive: a huge 150m deep fuming hole! The way down was very very very fast and also very very very funny: we slid down on our bums! (because it was to steep and slippery to walk down) We reached our starting point in about 45minutes! The day after that, as we still weren't fed up of hiking, we went to the National Park Huerquehue, about 30km from Pucon, and did a hike in a beautiful lake landscape, where we also tried to swim (at least 3 seconds in the water! *comment steffen on* clemence 3sec, steffen 3min 😉) *comment steffen off* )

Our last day in Pucon, was our first (and last) beach day, where we just wanted to chill out before going back home 😊 (we got ourselfs some decent sunburns 😞( )


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb