Villarrica Volcan


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Araucanía » Pucón
May 29th 2011
Published: May 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This small town in Chile is usually heaving with tourists in the summer, but at this time of year it was nice and quiet. We went white-water rafting on the river which was scary but lots of fun! It was also very beautiful as the river follows a deep valley, between lots of extinct volcanoes, and every so often you get a glimpse of the active one!

The following day we got a bit closer to Villarrica volcano, and climbed to the top! It was a tough day though as there was a lot of snow right from the start and it is over 2000m, but we were very lucky with the weather and had sun and clear views all day. From every point that you stop to catch your breath you see the whole area below as you are stood on the highest point in sight! The top was also pretty cool, we stoppd just before the beginning of the crater, where all the smoke is pouring out! The best bit though was the way down- we got to sledge! Very surreal looking out over the valleys whilst sledging at high speed down the sie of a volcano!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0195s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1012.4kb