San Juan ummmmm No sorry San Pedro de Atacama


Advertisement
Published: May 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys,

Well we arrived in the world´s most expensive farming town/tourist trap San Pedro de Atacama. The blog title is the result of me crossing the border and filling out my entry visa forms with San Juan instead of San Pedro on them. While we found it hilarious none of the border officials did so needless to say my passport is probably red flagged in Chile now, and Tyne almost got arrested for trying to smuggle a apple across the border. I always knew she was trouble. hahaha

So San Pedro de Atacama, well it´s a small villiage full of mostly tourists and really nice and expensive restaurants and hotels to cater to them. We screwed up the time zone change once again so we missed dinner with our new friends Tony and Marcella from our tour. We ended up going to dinner with Karine and an Irish couple (Anna & Finn) from our Hostel who are also travelling for a year just the opposite direction. They provided us with loads of info so it was pretty good.

The next day we did a walking tour around town and the surrounding area. We were trying to find
Belly RubsBelly RubsBelly Rubs

Always follow your travel consultation Nurses advice and don´t touch stray dogs!
the oasis hot springs but were unsuccessful. We did manage to skype the Mums for Mothers Day so the day was a sucess. We booked our bus to Argentina for the next day and had a relaxing evening and a very nice dinner.

Well we didn´t really do anything exciting in San Pedro and I wasn´t even going to blog this stop but I had to introduce everyone to Dusty. So the first day we were looking for an ATM and I met this little puppy who I named Dusty since well...he was really Dusty. Anyways after playin with the dog for 10 minutes he decides I´m his owner and follows us all over town, finally that night he takes off. The next morning there´s Dusty following us again but disappears until that evening when he´s waiting for us outside our hostel, so I brought him in for some more belly rubs which was a huge mistake since he spent the whole night whining outside our door. The next morning we walked to the bus stop and beside the bus was little Dusty waiting to say goodbye. I nearly smuggled him onto the bus but decided against it. So we don´t have any pics of San Pedro but enjoy the shots of old Dusty and remember that it´s highly unsanitary to pet dogs in 3rd world countries hahahahahahaha.

Until the next blog..... Salta, Argentina!



Matt & Tyne


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

He likes shoelacesHe likes shoelaces
He likes shoelaces

He´s a rascal just like his master!


Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0168s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb