At the Copa....... Copacabana


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
March 1st 2014
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -22.9457, -43.182

All that we had to do today was collect our tickets for the sambadrome tomorrow, which after looking at the map in waterstones yesterday was definitely walkable! Ticket collection was from ten so we tried to have a lazy morning but were both up by 7am! Bread and Nutella for breakfast and then a walk... We didn't get lost surprisingly and found the hotel straight away. there was a lady in reception to point us in the right direction and within 5 mins we had our tickets and directions for the night! Easier than we had thought! Now to get them safely home! We decided to take the metro as its only 75p for a journey and seems the quickest way to get around the city!! It also has ac which is a bonus! We didn't get lost again 😉

As we had the rest of the day free we decided to go to see the famous beaches, ipanema .... The new 'place to be' and if course Copacabana. They are round the corner from each other, so we metroed to the furthest and walked back towards home!! Sooooo many people on one beach!! Both were beautiful, and James told me it is due to status where you sit on the beach.... So what looked to me like a nice quiet, emptier piece of sand would have meant we were social outcasts! At the end of ipanema, there is a small look out point with some lovely views of the beach and mountains behind.

Copacabana was even more rammed as unbeknown to us there was a carnival party going on! So many people dancing and drinking in the street. It was an awesome atmosphere! After a little shake of the bottom, we dropped down onto the beach and had a sit and a read. The Atlantic Ocean was COLD! But had some good breakers on it for surfing. We decided to carry on our merry way when the local lads sat near us began wrestling, nearly wrestled on top of me and covered me in sand!! YOUTHS!!! Further down was a little quieter so nicer for a sit!!!

We caught the tube back about 3pm as there was a party in Botafogo that evening! I had a little grandma snooze before heading out! (Photos to come as they are on camera not phone as dress had no pockets!!) again it was mental how many people you could fit into one space. Beer being sold out of the back of cars, people dressed up in fancy dress and people dancing wherever they could stand. There were some stunning people around to perve on!!

We went and had a dirty burger for din dins and called it a day. Time to go and chill out and prepare ourselves for the allnighter tomoz!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb