Lopez Mendez ... 6th best beach in the world!!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
February 26th 2014
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -23.1414, -44.1613

Today was always going to be a beach day, and after discussions last night, we decided that we would do just over half a day at Lopez mendes, one of the best beaches in the world according to trip advisor rather than push ourselves on a dawn til dusk day cruise!

Breakfast, in James' words, was one of the best we've had, a mixture of British, Brazilian and European! We filled our boots so that lunch would be too much of an issue! They even had proper tea bags, however the boy was up to his old tricks of pouring coffee on it rather than water!!!

We strolled into town (15mins) to stock up on water for the day and a packet of crisps, purely for the salt of course :/ ! And then to the boat, which took us as close to the beach as boats could get and then a 'hike' for 20 mins! Now on a normal day in England this would literally have been a walk in the park but it was so hot going up and down hills I was glad when we got there.

Wow! What a beach! Unfortunately and of course there were other people there which spoilt it a little but the place was breath taking. We sat in the shade to escape the midday heat, had a read, a swim and a people watch and then decided to take an early walk back to the lovely little cove where the boat had dropped us off which was pretty deserted and meant we could swim together without fear of things going walkies! The boat then arrived to return us to civilisation.

Back in town we went 'tat' shopping again but bought a Brazilian flag sarong which I had seen other people with and really wanted!

After a Skype call home and Internet catchup, we ventured back into town for a romantic dinner. We found Dom Mario's. recommended in lonely planet as the place for unusual fish dishes. The food was amazing. Mussels the size of and old 50p, fish in a coconut and banana sauce with rice and a beer and soda to wash it down! Happy days!

I bought an anklet on the way home as I feel like a traveler with an anklet on!

On our return to the room, they had sorted out the water issues we'd been having all day, however the shower had been left on so the room was like a sauna! Ac to the max and bring on tomoz


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb