Brazil's Art


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
September 27th 2013
Published: September 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What are popular forms of art in Brazil? How do artists express themselves here?

Way before Europeans started to occupy Brazil, natives were like nomads, they would travel whenever they need to search for food. Back then, the natives created their own culture, art, religion, songs, and dances. But because the natives were constantly traveling, they had very little possession, and that is why not much of their art were saved. However, the Europeans came, causing formal art to happen instead of continuing rock art. Then Brazil's art once again started to adopt to another style, which is the Baroque style, influenced by the Roman Catholic priests, who came to Brazil. The style of the painting and sculptures were biblical, bold, and widespread. This change in style took place during the 16th centuries and continued until the 18th century. Again, the style had changed in the 18th century; it was a dramatic change that affected architectures, sculptures, and paintings. The Baroque style was replaced with realism and romanticism of Brazil. After that change, artists were encouraged to create their own identity and creativity instead of doing what was being influenced from other cultures. Because of the encouragement, body painting and feather art were revived as modern art in the 20th century.

http://www.brazil.org.za/brazil-art.html#.UkTL4CIo7IU

Based on the article, the current popular thing in Brazil is creating whatever the artist feels like instead of painting the same topic as everyone else. The artists expresses themselves through the art they are working on: buildings, paintings, dancing, sculptures, and songs. Before Brazil's artists started expressing their identities and creativities through their art, they were always following what was the popular trend. The current trend of Brazil's is like the U.S.A's style. Artists are allow to express themselves freely through whatever art they are working on, which is great because there are a lot of varieties for people with different tastes in art.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb