Brazil


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
January 27th 2010
Published: January 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday: Hopped on a public bus heading for the boarder, jumped off and were catteled through a hallway, had our passports stamped, and then cluellesly waited for another bus to stop and pick us up. 1/2 hour in the blistering 36degree weather and we were brought into town... I think. The bus driver once again shuttled us off the bus on the side of the street somehow telling us that another bus would come to pick us up. Brazil has been a bit confusing, but we managed to just grab a taxi and head out into the countryside to our resort hostel.

With full pool and gardens, we truley are in a bit of a resort, well maybe a 1 star where air conditioning is substitutable for a large noisy fan. None the less, we had a great breakfast and have great plans for the day. Now that were a bit more into the jungle, the bugs are definatly hungrier! Mosquito repellant is a must, and sleeping with the door closed is essential.

Today were headed to the Brazillian side of the Iguazu falls. The Argentinian side was something that I can only describe as magical. Im not sure when the last time was that I had that butterfly feeling of anticipation for what was around the corner. The roar of the falls can be heard from a far distance away, and as you wander through the jungle trails of the park towards the falls, you heart beats faster and faster knowing that a wonder of the world lies just around the corner. Monkies fell from trees, birds tweeted, and butterflies were everywhere. This magical place is something that will definatly be on the top 10 ever list. We explored in the blistering heat for about 6 hours, climbing below and above the falls. Following a platform that nearly puts you on the edge of one of the falls, you become completly soaked from head to toe! We also walked along the boardwalk that crosses the top of the falls, directly into what is called the Devils Throat. I was definatly a bit nervous being on a platform about 1000 meters from land with about 100 other curious tourists staring into the throat of the devil, but all was wonderful and we left with hunger for more jungle exploration.

As I said, were off to visit the Brazillian side today and then to a bird park that is home to over 800 species of birds. Were checking out of this quiet country hostel tomorrow and heading on another..... agh..... overnight bus to a town called Bonito, one of the enterances to the Pantanal. From what weve heard this is a grand jungle exploration area full of snorkeling and trekking. The goal of today is to spot one of those Tucans! Fingers crossed!

So excited for what is to come, and sorry that I just published my last post from BA, I ddint realize that it hadnt published when I was there!!

Love and miss everyone and will definatly update photos once I find a computer that will do it, No luck here!

till the jungle,
Mish

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb