Boat trip - Paraty


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
August 25th 2009
Published: August 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sunday was an altogether more placid experience, with us taking an all day boat ride around the many islands off Paraty. The weather was good, the diving and swimming was fun, the scenery stunning. Time passed quickly with such deep hypotheticals as ´if you lived on that island would you have a We even discussed future island purchases, with Akshay grossly underestimating the price of Brazilian island real estate.

A sure fire highlight of the day came when some people on our deck decided to do a bit of gringo hunting, with Ben as the target. As we were preparing to go ashore to a beach from the boat we were followed by a gay man who spoke no english, and a girl, both of whom were sat on our deck. They stop Ben and the girl very casually says - ´my sister wants to...kiss you´.

Akshay and I promptly jumped on the boat ashore and left Ben to his new found friends. From the lifeboat we could see that he had been marched back upstairs to have what can only be described as a very awkward conversation with the sister, who was clearly mortified.

To make Ben feel that much better they insisted on getting in the lifeboat with him, sister and all, when he was coming to shore to meet us. From our vantage point we could see that the portuguese man was trying his hardest with the captive audience he had, but Ben uttered no words of reply, only nervous laughter, probably best described as one continuous giggle.

Finally, once ashore, the man gave up on poor Ben but as a penalty for turning down his offer of female, was insistent that Ben should swim back to the boat, so Ben replied in the his most natural and masculine of ways by saying he would only do it if they raced...followed swiftly by a nervous laugh.

We left Paraty this afternoon, after sampling some of the best fish I´ve ever had. So we´re back in Rio for now and are hopefully going to a samba night tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb