Recife


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
October 27th 2007
Published: March 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sharks!Sharks!Sharks!

I still swam in the water but next to children and old people!
We had to head back to Recife as this is where we were getting our onward flight to Manaus. We had planned to go along the coast to Belen and maybe fly/boat it to Manaus, as usual we spent too much time dawdling and was running out of time as we were due to meet my Mum and sister Dawn in Caracas on the 12th November.

We stayed in Boa Viagem, the beachy area of the city, it has the dubious honour of being South Americas shark attack capital, Michelle wasn’t happy! Bull and Tiger sharks (the most aggressive ones) swim the waters searching for easy prey! There has not been an attack for a few years so there must be one due! The beach area made you very aware of this as every 50 meters or so there was a sign to warn you! The sharks didn’t stop me from swimming I just made sure I was close to people I could swim faster than!

This place was similar to Rio, very busy beaches that reminded us of Spain as in packed and plenty of vendors trying to sell you everything you wanted, My favourite being bars of
Love HotelLove HotelLove Hotel

One of many in Brazil
soap just in case you fancied a bath in the shark infested waters!

The place was nice enough, not perfect but it was our last chance at lounging on the Atlantic coast before we flew to Manaus.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.547s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 18; qc: 93; dbt: 0.465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb