Rio to Iguassu


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
September 17th 2004
Published: September 17th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Ness & JesusNess & JesusNess & Jesus

You have to go and see Jesus when you´re in Rio. And I can confirm he is very big!
Greetings from Argentina!

We{ve been on the road for just over a week now and we{re having so much fun.

First stop was Rio - fantastic city. We stayed in the Flamengo district pretty central. Did all the usual bits over 3 days - big Jesus, cable car up Sugarloaf mountain to watch the sunset, sunbathed on the Copocabana and visited the botanical gardens.

We joined up with our tour group for the next 7 weeks on Saturday and headed for Paraty - a small old slave town just south of Sao Paulo. Got some camping practise in and went on a boat trip round to some deserted tropical beaches (I won't mention the torrential rain in the afternoon).

We left Paraty on Monday and spent the next 3 days driving across Brazil to reach the Iguassu Falls. And they were so worth it!

The falls are just huge - the only way to get a real sense of how big they really are is to see them from the air. Luckily we had a helicopter to hand!

Crossed into Argentina this evening to see the falls from the Argy side tomorrow and hopefully get
Rio By NightRio By NightRio By Night

The view from the top of Sugar Loaf Mountain at sunset was incredible
really close on a jet boat.

What can I say - life is hard.

I promise that we'll add some photos soon (as soon as I can find a PC that will let me plug in my camera)

Cheerio for now

Viv and Ness



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

ParatyParaty
Paraty

This is the first place we stayed after Rio.
Tropical ParadiseTropical Paradise
Tropical Paradise

We stopped at this beach for a while on the boat from Paraty.
Roughing itRoughing it
Roughing it

This was the view to when we woke up after finding a campsite at the side of the road to spend the night.
Ram RaiderRam Raider
Ram Raider

The cattle truck suffered more than we did when they tried to ram our truck off the roundabout.


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb