THE HILTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo
October 19th 2006
Published: November 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Brazil


THE HILTONTHE HILTONTHE HILTON

pic of me and kate going from rags to riches!!


After a 5hour bus journey- ( which is absolutely a breeze! ) we arrived into the Hilton hotel with our huge rucksacks, wet combats from the rain and muddy hiking boots!! looking good , i think the staff were wondering if we´d got lost!
Luckily Matt, Kate´s brother, was there to greet us and showed us too our luxury room which was just brilliant! Especially after tents and hostel beds!
We met Matt for a drink downstairs in the bar where he pointed out the racers too us and filled us in on the gym and swimming pool!!

We went exploring the hotel the next morning but got so lost in the shopping centre downstairs, ended up walking into the middle of a convention meeting of some sort!! Everyone was in suits apart from us! We got a few funny looks so grabbed some cakes and ran back into the lift! We eventually gout out of the building and saw we´d wondered into the world trade center!

We ventured out into Sao Paulo that day but it wasnt worth leaving that amazing huge soft bed for!! Its a really dirt, sruffy city with just building , buildings
Sao PauloSao PauloSao Paulo

Buildings, buildings and more buildings for as far as you can see!!!!!!!!
and more buildings!!

Matt treated us to a delicious meal in the evening with his work mates, i had salmon and felt very posh with very expensive wine!!

We decided not to leave the hotel at all the next day.. breakfast room service. gym and swimming pool follwed by pampering and hot bubble baths!


THE GRAND PRIX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for all of those who have always wanted to go................. We were picked up in a car from the hotel and driven through the grounds of the grand prix to the Matts office which was really close to the track!



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Racing CarRacing Car
Racing Car

Grand Prix, Sao Paulo 2006!!! Who is the driver????????????
In the Paddock!In the Paddock!
In the Paddock!

Matt brought us into the paddock with a box of his magazines to give out after the race, saw loads of cars!
On the buggy!On the buggy!
On the buggy!

Matt drove us around the track on a buggy! we could of fun round faster but it was fun!
The Venue!The Venue!
The Venue!

F1 Party after the Grand Prix set in Sao Paulos football grounds!!Cant really see much but it was amazing!


Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb