Goodbye Buenos Aires, Hello Brazil!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo » São Paulo
December 4th 2012
Published: December 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Oi from Brazil! ('Hello' in Portugese!)

Hope all is well at home.

We've had another busy few days and are having a great time!

Last time we updated our blog we were going to the Palermo and Recoleta Markets in Buenos Aires. We had a lovely day looking at many hand made items. We even caught public transport by ourselves for the first time in Buenos Aires which we were pretty impressed with!

We then made our way to the meeting point of our first tour and we are currently on Day 4. We are all Aussies, bar 2 people who are from Canada! Met some wonderful people which has made the tour so easy.

Day 1 we had a 3:30am wake up call, to catch a flight to a town named Iguazu. And boy was it worth it!! I would wake up at 3:30am any day to see what we saw at the stunning Iguazu Falls. Absolutely amazing, breathtaking, spectacular... you get the idea!! While we were there, we both decided that we would do a Helicopter ride over the Brazil side of the falls which we were so glad that we did. We then had a walk through the National Park to take a couple of photos (or 20!). Yesterday we went over to the Argentinian side of the falls and did a Speed Boat Ride which was fantastic.. we had a chance to take more photos and then went under a couple of the falls... got absolutely drenched but it was so much fun!! Will put some photos up on Facebook soon hopefully. We both said that it was the highlight of our trip so far!

This morning we had another early start to fly to São Paulo (1.5 hrs north of Iguazu) and then hop on a bus for 5hrs to come here to Paraty. We have only just arrived but have been for a quick walk around the town. It is a very cute town with a gorgeous port. It reminded us of La Boca - but instead of looking colourful houses, we saw lovely colourful boats!

Hope everyone is happy and well. Will blog again soon.

P & M xx

Advertisement



8th December 2012

Hello from Perth
Hi Perri and Matt, Great to read that you are having a wonderful time and enjoying all that is on offer. I am enjoying keeping up to date with your travels and feel exhausted by just reading it let alone experiencing it as you are. Lucky you and no wonder you need a nap. Take the naps and enjoy. Love Marg x

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb