Sao Paulo


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo » São Paulo
July 25th 2010
Published: July 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

FelipeFelipeFelipe

At Felipe's for dinner and some beers.
After a six hour bus ride we arrived into Sao Paulo. We quickly made our way to the hostel and attempted to make contact with the boys. During our time in London we had met a few Brazilians who were now back in Sao Paulo so we enlisted them to show us around their city. It wasn't long before Gabriel organised taking us out for a few beers and a quick tour of the city. He arrived in his car which turned out to be the ideal way to get around Sao Paulo. After a quick tour of the city we went and tried some of the local brew. Turns out if you know where to go and what to order Brazil makes some pretty tasty beers.

The second day after buying our tickets to Campo Grande we killed some time walking through the city and exploring it's different neighbourhoods. Due to the fact that the modern art building was free against my better judgement I tried to see if I could finally get into modern art. After going to numerous of these museums all over the world the conclusion I still arrive at is that modern art is shit.
FeijoadaFeijoadaFeijoada

A portion of Forsters Feijoada. Had a pot full of mear and beans plus rice etc.
After Forster got some sushi (Sao Paulo has the largest Japanese community outside of Japan) we decided we would go and check out the Havaianas store. Not surprisingly it had a shitload of thongs in it. Also on a side note they are stupidly cheap here compared to home. Mine cost me $R8.95 which is about $AU5.50. After wasting time all day we made contact with Felipe and organised to meet him after work. After meeting up with Felipe we went back to his house for some dinner before heading out for some drinks with mates of his. Was good to catch up with Felipe and get his take on life back in Brazil. Brazilian hospitality came to the fore when pretty much everyone we met for drinks begged us to stay over the weekend so they could show us a real night out.

The third day we spent some time walking around the park. After a while we realised that we had to go back to the hostel to sent another email to the people in Campo Grande as we had left out our date of arrival (I say we but it was really Forster). On the way
Rock MallRock MallRock Mall

Full of rock related crap.
back we decided to stop for a Cerveja and some food. The special of the day was feijoada so we decided we would try Brazil's national dish. Food was awesome but way too much for the two of us to eat. After sorting out the technical details back at the hostel we headed to a shopping mall devoted solely to rock. After realising it pretty much contained only tattoo places and band t-shirt shops. That night we were picked up by Gabriel to go watch some football and join in the BBQ afterwards. Needless to say Brazilian BBQ is awesome.

The following day we packed up ready for our journey in the wilderness. Just before we left we had one last lunch with Gabriel at the cool food markets. Finally we got our asses to the bus stop and prepared for our 15hr bus ride to Campo Grande.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

BBQBBQ
BBQ

Having a BBQ.
Out with Felipe.Out with Felipe.
Out with Felipe.

Good night out with Felipe's friends.
Sao PauloSao Paulo
Sao Paulo

It's a massive city.


Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1788s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb