Another week...


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo » São Paulo
March 17th 2009
Published: March 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Oi! Tudu bem?

As you see my Portuguese is improving!! At a very slow pace..... So sitting here happy after Arsenal pulled of a late win in the FA cup quarterfinal against Hull, while waiting for volleyball practice, I think back on the week that has passed.

Once again there is very little to tell. More bars/parties have been visited/attended; a new Irish one, two new ones in Vila Madalena and a new school's Cervejada (at the school FAAP) and a real local Brazilian barbeque... As you can read this mean 5 nights "out", so most of our week has gone to exploiting/exploring Brazilian drinking culture. The big activity this week has been testing out the pool on the roof and our Jacuzzi in the early hours of the day... As we say here, nothing is like a little after party and bath with a cold beer! Important lesson: you do not need much soap to make a lot of foam!!!! I thank the Swedish, Americans and Brazilians who have been great company!

As most evenings out are like evenings out all over the world, I feel no need to tell about them. What I want to tell you about is the local barbeque (churrascaria- pronounced chuhaskaria) we went to this Sunday. A new friend of ours, who works in the building we live in, invited us to her house and we said of course yes to this invitation. We drove half an hour away from our place to a neighborhood called Morumbi(still in the middle of the city Sao Paulo) and where welcomed into the backyard where we met several of her friends. Only 2 out the 20 who were there spoke English, but that was no barrier after a few cervejas 😉 So the Sunday was spent having beers and Brazilian style barbeque(grilled cheese and marinated meat), watched people smoke the water pipe, tried to learn some salsa dance and tried to learn Brazilian slang words... A great truly Brazilian experience!

This week is truly dedicated to school as we have our first midterm, papers to turn in and other assignments.. Wish us good luck!

Thank you Arsenal and Strømsgodset for giving me some truly exciting games this week! (not too happy with 3-3 after being in the lead though........) I hope they keep up the good job with not losing at least (like Odd has a habit of doing)!

This weekend might also be a bit hostile at our house; Kristian's Newcastle is meeting my Arsenal. So who knows how our friendship will be after that!???


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb