Leaving Brazil ...


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo » São Paulo
February 26th 2009
Published: March 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 700 and 701 (27.02.09 - 28.02.09)

We hadn´t had the time or the money (Brazil is one of South America´s more expensive countries) to do Brazil justice on this trip so about 2 weeks after we´d arrived it was time to leave. We´d had such a great time here and have vowed to return someday and really DO Brazil!

Flights on round the world tickets can be limited to where it is possible to fly into and out of and when we booked we´d only been able to get a flight out of Sao Paulo and not Rio and to get to anywhere we´d have to fly via Lima.

We would have about 12 hours between when we arrived in Sao Paulo and when we had to check in for our flight. We hoped to stay in a cheap hostel in the city but our research told us that the airport was 40km from the city and would cost a fortune in a cab (public transport being a no-no at 4am in this city!). Having looked into accomodation near the airport that was also out of our budget and left us with the none-too-appealing option of sleeping in the airport.

So sandwiched somewhere between two cabs, two buses and two flights, we spent several hours 'sleeping' on the floor in Terminal 2 (we can highly recommend the second floor for its quietness and slightly less Baltic temperatures than the first floor). Having left our hostel in Rio at around 8am one day, we finally arrived in our hostel in Bogotá, Colombia at around 5pm the next day.

With little energy to do more than grab a bite to eat we fell into bed ready to explore the delights of Colombia´s capital city the following day.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.313s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 41; qc: 155; dbt: 0.1979s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb