A new country


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo » São Paulo
December 29th 2007
Published: December 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Christmas DayChristmas DayChristmas Day

Enjoying a glass of wine overlooking the Pacific
So a brief update on the last few days.

After a few days resting in Cusco we flew to Lima for Christmas. We stayed at a four star hotel, that had cable TV, a bath, hairdryer and bar. It´s amazing the things you miss when you stay in hostels.

We spent Christmas Eve wrapping presents and Mandy and I also made Christmas crackers. Mandy also had her hair cut. I am still managing to cut my own.

Christmas Day we phoned home and spoke to everyone. It was great to hear from all on my side of the family. Jason remember the next few months are very important - I want to hear that you got great GCSE results when I come home. Hayley continue working hard (?) at Uni and Stacey enjoy management, be a nice boss!

We had some champagne whilst opening our presents. Miles felt a bit rough so Mandy, Chris and I went for a walk and picked a restaurant for dinner. When we got back Miles was still not right so we called the doctor who gave him some more anti-biotics. We all went out for dinner then onto the casino. We
Boxing Day ShoppingBoxing Day ShoppingBoxing Day Shopping

Visiting a church after some shopping
played poker, roulette and the machines. Only lost a few dollars but got lots of free drinks and had a good time.

On Boxing day we went shopping. The others all got cheap trainers and Miles and Mandy got a new camera as theirs broke whilst we were on the Inka trail. We visited the old town then went back to the hotel to finish our champagne before flying to Brazil.

The flight was at 1.10 am and there is a 3 hour flight difference between Peru and Brazil so we were knackered when we got here. We picked out a hostel which is OK. We have an apartment with 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and a small living area with a fridge. We´ve spent the last few days doing the sights of Sao Paulo - including seeing Patrick Vieira outside a swanky apartment block.

We have booked bus tickets for tomorrow lunchtime to Rio de Janeiro, we already have a hostel booked there. We just need to get white outfits (as that is what everybody wears on New Years Eve) and we are ready for fireworks on the beach.

I´ve had a few stomach problems in
Not New YorkNot New YorkNot New York

Building in Sao Paulo, modelled on the Empire State Building
the last few days, so hopefully I won´t be the next one to need the doctor!

Will update about New Years Eve shortly.

Love to you all

Tina


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb