Rio - Day Two - "The Beach"


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro
July 20th 2006
Published: July 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Paradise 1Paradise 1Paradise 1

A small beach in Rio close to sugar loaf. Not many people here because it was a cold winter day (not for me!)
In the morning, we made our way to the beach. I can´t remember the name but it is just a small beach close to Pão de Açucar. There is a Naval Academy close by so there is less danger of getting robbed here (that is always a danger in Rio).

Silvestre, Gustavo and I took a walk on a path around the coastal mountains. We saw many people fishing and even someone harpoon fishing for octapus, pretty cool. When we got back to the beach I had to get a cococut to drink the refreshing water inside. How perfect is that... sitting on the beach, drinking out of a coconut! It´s what every beach holiday must have. I was only missing the little paper umbrella.

Finally it was time for me to go swimming. To the supprise of everyone there, I had never gone swimming in the ocean before. That´s like telling a Canadian you´ve never seen snow! It was great. You definitly can feel the imense power of the ocean, something that´s a little different from swimming in a swimming pool or lake. And the salt water... if you´re not expecting it its a little weird at first but soon you learn to keep your mouth shut. Other than that, I soaked up a little sun and before you know it, it was time to go.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

RefreshingRefreshing
Refreshing

there´s nothing like lounging on the beach and drinking out of a coconut
I couldn´t resistI couldn´t resist
I couldn´t resist

Rio has some of the most beautiful women in the world!
FishermanFisherman
Fisherman

Nice catch!
You Rock!You Rock!
You Rock!

this place is heaven for rock climbers, you can see them everywhere.


22nd July 2006

aaahhh rio...
isn't it great to be able to go to the beach even in the winter?! ooohhh how i miss my beautiful city.. :/ and yes, coconut water.. it's probably one of the best things in life to just sit and enjoy really cold coconut water at a beach.. in rio, especially :D *homesick* anyways... glad you enjoyed it!! take care
25th July 2006

Amazing
Hey, you have a great eye for photography. We're loving your stories and sounds like you are living the adventures of many years in just a few months. Keep enjoying yourself. Sounds like a time of your life. See you in the fall.

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb