Ilha Grande


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro
April 14th 2009
Published: April 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

A Tropical Paradise



We arrived to Rodoviaria Novo Rio at 4:30am only to discover that Clive had lost the bus tickets we had bussed out to buy the day before! Lucky it was Clive who lost them and so tantrums were kept to a minimum! Thankfully there were tickets still available which meant we had 4 seats instead of 2!
This was short trip, only 3 hours to Angra dos Reis, where we caught a catamaran over to Ilha Grande. On arrival there were several people offering the Pousada´s and we took one that was close to the main town, Abraao.

Ilha Grande has loads of private beaches, only accessible by foot or boat, and so that afternoon we set off on one of the hikes through forrest (90 mins), where Bec freaked out when she saw a couple of spiders. It had been raining the previous day so the trail was quite slippery. We almost made it to the first beach unscaithed, but right near the end Bec slipped and fell into the muddy trail in her bright white shorts!! She was not happy and the shorts are still in Ilha Grande!!


We were exhausted after reaching the second beach and with the sun starting to set, we caught the last boat back to Abraao.

The next morning, we awoke to a tropical storm and couldnt take our planned boat tour of Lagoa Azul. After checking the weather on the internet we found the rain had set in, and so decided to leave that day.

TIP - Check the weather before you go to a Tropical Paradise!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb