Samba, sea and sunburn...


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro
February 2nd 2005
Published: February 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well finally made it after years of talking about it...

Flight not too bad - bit long at 14 hours though... First experience of Brazilian driving wasn´t as bad as I thought but still pretty hair raising. My lack of the local language was apparant from the word go and really no-one speaks english. Getting by with my phrasebook though! First hostel was really nice, got talking to a couple of young irish girls who are really nice. Was sharing with an other couple and it turns out they´re from Harrow - which is a big coincidence in itself but turns out he´s actually went to st joans!! Very sound bunch. But had to move on today to another hostel, did´t really want to leave other place as the people are lovely and I was settled but I´d already booked and paid half for this place... Very quiet so far but we´ll see...

Not done too much sightseeing as the weather has been rainy and overcast for the most part. Had a day on Ipanema Beach on Sunday which was nice but went for a walk to the Sugar Loaf mountain yesterday - totally overcast so could´t see any view but burnt like hell as the sun still strong enough to burn through thick cloud... I am deathly pale (with burnt bits) compared to everyone else so stand out like a sort thumb.

About it for now, meeting more people today tomorrow and hope to take in a footy game this weekend...

I´ll post photos when I have any decent ones and can work out how to do it...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1008.1kb