last days of rio


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro
July 17th 2005
Published: July 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Okay well here's a quick review of what we did the last few days in rio - briefest of brief as we have some sightseeing to do.
Firtly we took the cablecar up sugarloaf mountain, which was amazing - stunning views of the beaches and islands of rio. We also met some cheeky monkeys, and walked down the smaller 'mountain' connecting sugarloaf to the ground - it was a great, though sometimes tricky, tropical walk. The rest of the day was spent walking back to Robbys through three different beaches. That evening two German girls arrived, and the next day we all went up to the statue of Christ the Redeemer, where the views were alm,ost as good as sugarloaf. Christ was dissapointingly small, and it was very busy - i got in loads of other tourists' photos.
The rest of that day and the next were spent in the sea and copacobana beach - I almost drowed in huge waves but it was fun, even in the sweltering heat (compared to england) of 34.

Advertisement



21st July 2005

sorry...
sorry to hear that christ was small! the monkeys Do look cheeky!

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0732s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb