Tall and Tan and Young and Lovely


Advertisement
Published: April 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Descending out of the gathering cold and cloud, we caught our first breathtaking glimpse of Rio de Janeiro. Its famous coastline of countless beaches, oddly formed peaks and one particularly famous statue appeared from nowhere as we excitedly squashed our faces against the window of the aeroplane, our eyes straining to catch sight of one of Rio’s more famous landmarks – at that height impossi... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




29th April 2012

The Girl from Ipanema goes walking...
Wow, what a contrast to India. How do you get over the culture shock, except to think you have died and gone to heaven...it helps to have Christ the Redeemer looking over all to complete the picture. Your pictures are great as ever. However, you must have been too busy looking to take some pictures. I am looking forward to your trip in South America. I'm following Tink and Laura [blogger=89827], Nate and Jessie [blogger=179118], and Mike and Donna [blogger=186297], all of whom are approaching the continent from the othere end. Where will you visit and how long will you stay...and were you really starting on April 28th?
30th April 2012

It was hard to look away!
haha. We arrived in Brazil on the 18th April, but we're off to Paraguay tomorrow. Its a shame to spend such a short time in Brazil as the country and the people are amazing - definately a place we will revisit in the future. However, we need to be a little cautious with the budget to make sure we finish our trip, which we're hoping to end in Mexico. Basically we're hoping to do all but four of the South American countries (except Venezuela, Suriname and a couple others up that way) and central america and up the carribean coast of Mexico...but we'll see how the money goes! (We're keeping tabs on some of those blogs you mentioned and hopefully we cross paths with some of those guys along the way!)
30th April 2012

It sounds like, despite the long flight, you guys chose the right place to follow after India. I'm very glad you didn't change your minds about continuing your travels. Brazil is one of my favorite countries. A friend's Brazilian grandfather always told his children and grandchildren, "Why do you keep traveling around the world? You can spend a lifetime in Brazil, and still you won't see everything it has to offer, and I guarantee, you will never find better beaches!" Looking forward to more of your travels and stunning photos in South America. :)
30th April 2012
Amy on Ipanema Beach

Bet that water was cold!
Wow, your blog brought back some really great memories of Rio - like you say a fantastic city...we loved it and it's one of our favourite cities in the whole world! Seeing this pic of Amy in the water reminded us how cold the ocean is there - freezing is not an adequate word to describe it! We are really looking forward to the rest of your blogs, we have so any good memories of South America, we are sure you'll love the rest of your time on the continent.
30th April 2012

So happy for you both!
Dear Chris & Amy: I am Christopher's mum! he just told me you are going to Paraguay today and I couldn't resist in writting few lines...(I was born in Asuncion-Paraguay!!!). I am very happy for you both that you are going round the world! so much to see... too much to learn! it is fascinating! well done!. Look after yourselves and enjoy every minute of this "magical experience"..."you only live once" (solo se vive una vez), hope you will go to the Yguazu falls... it is in the frontier with Paraguay,Argentina & Brazil! awesome!. take care my darlings.. all the best! and enjoyed!!! Hugs from Gloria xxxx
16th June 2012
Dancing in Lapa

Curious about your photography process
Hello, I am a random follower/admirer of your blog. The quality of your photography is spectacular. Would you mind sharing a bit about your process and tools? I would really appreciate it! Thanks.
22nd April 2014

I will be in Brazil next month
your blog and pictures got me soooo excited about Rio!!! Thanks for sharing! and stunning photos!!! Serious work of art!

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb