Rio


Advertisement
Published: April 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

RioRioRio

Beach life.................
Wonderful breakfast at the hotel - a real treat with granola, yoghurts, all sorts of rolls, eggs, etc., etc. and plenty of coffee. We sat around for quite a while saying our goodbyes to everyone on the group with the promise of a bed for a couple of nights for a few of them.

Check out was at 12.00pm so we took a walk to the local beach. Very pleasant area but this could have been any city (with a beach) anywhere in the world.

At 11.45, we shared a taxi with Jill who was going to a hotel near to our new destination (the hotel we booked for 3 nights a few months before we travelled). Our new hotel was possibly not quite as nice as the one the night before but the location was far better between Copacabana Beach and Ipanema.

We checked in but had to leave our luggage by Reception for a couple of hours as the room wouldn't be ready until 2.00 pm. We took a wander along the beach and to the main shopping street of Ipanema. It is really very nice here. The beaches are buzzing with life and people and
RioRioRio

Night-time beach life............
music and people selling touristy tat and Ipanema had some pleasant shops to look in.

On arrival back at the hotel the lift took us to a lovely room on the eighth floor with free wifi (always useful) and we sat around a while and then went walking back along the beach as we had agreed to find Jill's hotel about 20 minutes walk away as she was on her own for her last night in Rio and we thought she might enjoy some company at dinner time. We tired ourselves out so sat down for a frozen yoghurt smoothie/frapuccino and people-watched and read.

We collected Jill and went out for supper at around 8.00 pm. This was followed by a further walk along the sea front to return to our hotel and in bed by 11.15pm.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb