Living in Rio


Advertisement
Published: June 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

In and around Rio


Casa RosaCasa RosaCasa Rosa

Having the traditional brazilian "feijoada" dish
Having lived in Rio for over a month now, I got the chance to dicover a little more of the city. A great spot to go out at night is "Casa Rosa", to have a traditional "feijoada" (beans, rice, dry meat, etc.). They also play live samba music.

In spite of being far from Europe, I got the chance to follow the games together with an international crowd at the hostel. Sadly enough it didn't come to a showdown with Ian (Italy) and Kevin (France).

2 weeks ago I went with Vitor, a brazilian friend, to a North Brazilian fair in Rio. The tobacco store was pretty striking, and we got to smoke some handmade cigars.

As my stay in Rio is coming to an end (I am headed to Sao Paulo and Salvador next week), I have started to visit some of the more "touristy" spots of the city. Ilha fiscal, where the Portuguese king used to hold dances, is one of them. Due to bad weather, a photography museum was another. It is amazing, how much change the city has undergone over the last 100 years.

This coming week I will get the chance to
EM 2008EM 2008EM 2008

International fan community following the Eurocup at our hostel
visit volunteer projects within some of Rios favelas. I already put two photos, showing a different face of cidade marvilhosa...


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Ilha fiscalIlha fiscal
Ilha fiscal

Fairytale castle on an island in the Rio de Janeiro bay
Rio in 1906Rio in 1906
Rio in 1906

Photo exhibition


Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb