Rio de Janeiro


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Copacabana
December 19th 2007
Published: December 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We just spent five days in Rio and it is an amazing city. We were lucky to stay in a really social hostel so we met tons of other travellers. We did some sightseeing in the city to check out the main sights, like the Christ the Redeemer statue that overlooks the city. This was one of my favourite activities since we first stopped at a lookout to take pictures of the city and then went all the way up to the lookout right underneath the statue. The day we went it was hot and the sun was shining, but the statue was still shrouded in mist, which made it look really cool. On the same tour we also stopped to see this really amazing urban art project. An artist from Chile decided to tile and paint a set of two hundred and some odd steps in a Rio neighbourhood. The result is really amazing and apparently very famous--Snopp Dogg even shot a video there. The artist himself was pretty.....unique. It was a really cool site to see.

We also, of course, spent tons of time at Copacabana and Ipanema beaches. They are really gorgeous and full of people. It is a bit bizarre how such amazing beaches are right in the city. We also went out a few nights to check out Rio nightlife, shopped in a shopping mall that stayed open until 12am, and socialized in the hostel. Rio was a ton of fun and we are planning to spend one more night there before we head to Sao Paulo and then Canada. Also, despite what we have heard and read, we never felt anything but safe in the city and the people we met were extremely friendly.

We currently canĀ“t upload pictures but we will hopefully get those up soon. One more entry and then we are flying home!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

RioRio
Rio

Faveala (spelling?)


Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb