copa..copacabana..musicNdancin


Advertisement
Published: June 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Had a ball in Rio, its such a party town. Twas a balmy 28deg C, and Copacabana beach was just on our doorstep. The brazillians are fitness crazy, and speedo crazy... a little too revealing at times! C. beach is class.. miles of white sand, in a bay full of islands and overlooked by the Sugarloaf mountain. And to cool off you can get a street seller to hack off the top of a 'coco' for you with his machete. Its basically a cocunut, with a sugary cool liquid inside, that is similar to melon juice. Its all good. Their caprahina cocktails are the business as well.. its sugar cane rum, limes, bit of sugar and ice... lethal. But rocket fuel is good in Rio!

The city wasn't as dangerous as we expected, although the cops were everywhere along the beachfront. Going up to visit Christ the Redeemer statue is pretty class. The mountain it is on top of is lined with shanty towns, and jungle full of monkeys, and tourists of course.

We went 95km out of Rio one day to the village of Itacuruça, and witnessed all the delapidated shanty towns on the outskirts of the city. Its unbelievable that people can live in such poverty. We took a catamaran boat through Sepetiba Bay, and visited little tropical islands - where you could go swimming in the water, or just sip those lethal caprahina cocktails at the bar.. all good! The boat was deadly, 5 local guys were providing samba music for us.. and showing us how the Brazillians party!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



29th June 2007

¡Felicitaciones!
congratulations on your wedding and trip. you've gone to two countries and have already seen two very different experiences. enjoy the rest of your travels.

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 14; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb